Thursday, June 9, 2011

Fantastic Jams

Today I made three different kinds of freezer jam. It was a lot of fun learning how to make it. I must also admit that it is scrum-diddly-umptious! I made raspberry, strawberry and blackberry jam. I called my Aunt Vivian and told her that I had this brilliant idea to make jam since berries are on sale right now at Costco. Since she is amazing at jams and canning and all sorts of fantabulous stuff like that I wanted her to help me with it. All growing up my mom would make freezer jam. I remember sometimes stirring it for her. Since I had never made it by myself I didn't quite know what to expect. We ended up making it at my Aunt Viv's house. I also invited my mom to come up and make it with us. She came and we all had a blast! I can now say that I can successfully make jam. Since it is of the freezer variety it will probably last a very long while! Yay!




No comments:

Post a Comment