Thursday, June 2, 2011

The Crazy Train

Today I attended my cousin's high school graduation. Last week I attended my youngest brother's high school graduation. Both had me reflecting on the past and my own time in high school. It was a long time ago but I did have a blast. I was recently talking to two of my best friends from high school, (Virginia and Natalie.) As we talked we couldn't help but reflect on the way we all became friends. Our other dear friend Emily and I moved to Ephraim the summer before our sophomore year of high school. We became instant friends. I didn't know Natalie or Virginia very well. I had a locker next to Virginia and I was constantly hitting her with my over stuffed back pack as I yanked it out of my locker each day. She kinda hated me for that at first. Natalie was home schooled for most of her life. She had decided to try public school the year before and then we became friends with her too. We are all amazed that we actually became friends. Anyone who became friends with us can attest that they took a ride on the crazy train. I was the engine, Emily was the caboose and Virginia and Natalie were the two main passenger cars. Virginia and I finally bonded over early morning driver's ed. Natalie and Emily bonded when Emily moved into her new house and they ended up in the same ward. We all bonded over 2nd period choir. We were a crazy combination but we somehow managed to work. Our senior year of high school right before we graduated we lost Emily to a car accident. Virginia, Natalie and I are still close. We lost our caboose but we are still held fast together on the crazy train express. In other news I am writing again. I am going to stick it out and finish this novel. I feel very inspired lately and it has the potential to be pretty fantastic. I may need readers to try out new material and bounce ideas off of. Let me know if you are interested! Until next time....

2 comments:

  1. You're writing a novel? Super sweet!
    I wanna hear more about it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes Sara I am. In fact I have several in the works. I have decided to focus on just one for the time being until it is finished and publication ready! It is a fun project so far!

    ReplyDelete