Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Ray of Sunshine

Today started out like any other normal day. Everything seemed normal. This afternoon I had a feeling that I should call my Aunt Julie and check up on my cousin Brittney. She was in the hospital with some health problems. Brittney was sleeping so I didn't get a chance to talk to her but I was able to tell my Aunt to tell her that I love her and give her a big kiss and a hug for me. A few hours later I was notified by my mom that Brittney had passed away. I couldn't help but immediately start crying. Brittney has always been one of my favorite cousins. She loves unconditionally and cares about everyone. Some of the things I remember most about her are tickle fights and finger nail painting parties. She was such a girly girl! She loved pink and dressing up and looking pretty. She loved dance and all of her many siblings. She also loved me! It has been a while since I last saw her. I loved sending her Doris Day and other old classic movies in the mail. She loved those. She was like a bright ray of sunshine in an otherwise cloudy sky. Her enthusiasm for life and her love for everyone around her will be missed. I love her. I am glad that I am a part of an eternal family and that I will be able to see her again some day. Though her time on Earth was short her impact on the world will last for eternity. Good Bye for now dear cousin you will be missed!








1 comment:

  1. wow, that is rough. Sorry to hear the news- I hope you are staying strong and know that you are loved! William's uncle passed away this week too- it sure seems like such events all happen at the same time. Love you and take care of yourself!

    ReplyDelete