Sunday, February 10, 2013

Cats Vs Dogs

     A while back my friend Jamie asked me to watch her dog, Jack, while she went out of town for the weekend. Jack was a handful. He had never been away from his owner and even though he was darn cute; he was needy, smelly, messy, and sometimes tiresome. I have always liked dogs just fine. After my experience with Jack I wasn't so sure on the dog front. About six weeks later my roommate brought home a stray cat.
     We'd had a conversation as roommates the night before when one roommate declared they wanted a cat. I said I didn't care and the other roommate said she knew where we could find one. I woke up the next morning to a very pretty, hungry, and curious kitty running up and down my hallway. To make a long story short... the roommate who wanted a cat in the first place flaked out and decided she didn't want to take care of her. The cat ended up mine.
     Cat's are so much more low maintenance than dogs in my opinion. Callie is the cat's name and I have owned her for almost 18 months now. She is cuddly when I need her to be and entertains herself when I am busy. I never have to worry about her making messes in the house, and she is fun to have around. Needless to say I am glad my roommate brought home the stray cat she found on her walk home from school.
        Here are some pictures. Enjoy.

                                           Jack

                                           Jack being friendly

                                           Callie Sleeping

                                              Callie being cute. She likes her tummy rubbed.

                                           Callie in paradise...aka the back yard.

No comments:

Post a Comment